B i o g r a p h y
Isabelle Cottet was born in 1990 in Paris. Having both parents pianists, she started playing the piano at the age of 5 and won her first competition three years later. At the age of 11 she was laureate of the Münchner Klavierpodium der Jugend and was offered a first opportunity to play with an orchestra, the Bach Concerto in D minor, BWV 1052. To this prize were added several more, like Prima la Musica in Austria, the Medoc Aquitaine Competition, the Flame Competition Paris and Kawai Valsesia in Italy.
She first studied at the CRR of Paris with Olivier Gardon where she obtained her Diploma of Superior Music Studies degree in 2009. Then, attracted by Berlin's cultural richness, she decided to pursue her studies at the Universität der Künste, in the class of Jacques Rouvier.
Beyond the solo repertoire, she plays a lot of chamber music. She has a rich repertoire of diverse ensembles: from duo to quintet with strings or winds players, from piano four hands to 10 pianos. She is particularly passionate about singing repertoire, and attends Lied classes with Eric Schneider and with Wolfram Rieger at the Hanns Eisler Hochschule, Berlin.
Isabelle has a large repertoire of concertos: Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, Chopin, Liszt and Ravel. She made her debut at the prestigious Salle Pleyel in Paris when she played Beethoven’s First Concerto op.15 with the CRR Symphony Orchestra.
She also had the opportunity to perform in many other concert halls in Germany, Austria, Spain, France, Poland, Canada. In May 2012 she gave a recital at the Berliner Philharmonie, organized by the Berlin Classic Players program.
Furthermore, the Paul Hindemith Foundation and the Gisela und Erich Andreas Stiftung have granted her scholarships. She has volunteered for concerts organized by the Lions Club and the Rotary Club. Finally, she is part of the Yehudi Menuhin Live Music Now organization, which organizes concerts for people staying in hospitals, orphanages and other social institutions.
Since 2015, she is the founder and Artistic Director of the Festival Hommage Menuhin in Ville d'Avray, France.
Mention Tres Bien Concours International Meknes, Maroc (1998)
Mention Tres Bien Concours St-Nom-La-Breteche, France (1999)
1. Prize Concours Medoc-Aquitaine, France (2000 and 2002)
1. Prize Concours Vulaines/ Seine, France (2001)
1. Prize 4. Münchner Klavierpodium der Jugend, Germany (2002)
1. Prize 16. Concours “FLAME”, France (2005)
1. Prize Jugendmusikwettbewerbe Prima La Musica, Austria (2006)
Andrzej Jasinski (Sommerakademie Mozarteum Salzburg, 2010)
Elisabeth Leonskaja (Edwin Fischer Sommerakademie, Potsdam 2011)
Matthias Kirschnereit (Sommerakademie, Rostock 2012)
Leon Fleisher (Sommer Luzern Festival, Switzerland 2012)
Gerhard Schulz, Alban Berg Quartett (Lübeck 2013)
Dmitri Bashkirov (Sommerakademie Mozarteum Salzburg, 2014)
-Concerts permormances with orchestra :
- 2001 Munich, Engagements with d-minor piano concerto of Bach
- 2010 in the Salle Pleyel, Paris with Beethovens 1st Piano Concerto and with the CRR Orchestra under the direction of Pierre-Michel Durand.
- 2010 October, in Kalisz, Poland “Concert for 10 pianos and Orchestra” – TV broadcast - 2012 Mai, in the Philharmonie Berlin : Solo Recital in the Kammermusiksaal (Berlin Classic Players)
- 2012 August, Summer Academy in Rostock, Chopin 2nd Concerto f-minor with the Polish Chamber Orchestra
- 2013 April, in Paris, Chopin 2nd Concerto with Ensemble Musicorum
- 2013 June, in Lübeck, Beethoven Triple Concerto in C Major op. 56 with Katharina Weiss and Daniel Wenzel and the Ensemble für alte Musik under the direction Hans Jürgen Schnoor.
- 2014 October, Sevilla, Shostakovich 1st Piano Concerto with Nuria Leyva (Trompete) and the Real Orquesta Sinfonica de Sevilla, under the direction of Maestro Xu Zhong.